August 13, 2015

A Week In New York City



Hey guys, it has been awhile now since I posted on this blog, being busy with summer school and exams. But finally I thought I would write about my one week trip to New York, which was over the winter break last year. If you haven't been there already, I would highly suggest you visit there sometime, as it's so beautiful as many could imagine it to be. So I thought I would just share a few of the pictures that I took during my stay there.






While in New York, we visited the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa), and saw various exhibits and artworks throughout the building. 

Definitely the highlight of my trip to the museum, Van Gogh's The Starry Night was my favourite artwork simply because I learned about it since high school, and recently did a project on it because I love it so much! It just looks so calming and relaxing I was so pleased to find it exhibited at the MoMa. It looked a lot smaller in person than I had imagined it to be though.

They even had a video game exhibit within the museum, here my cousin and I were playing Street Fighter.
Uniqlo; I just had to take a pic because of their beautiful display!
The Chirstmas Tree at the Rockefeller Centre


I also made a quick trip to the Empire State Building, as any tourist would lol, and the view was definitely unforgettable! 

Inside the Empire State Building



We also went to Madame Tussauds, the wax figure museum. I chose just a few pictures to post, because there were literally hundreds of different figures (from Queen Elizabeth to Katniss Everdeen/Jennifer Lawrence).






Finally, my favourite trip of all within this New York City visit was The Cake Boss Cafe. We bought a few small desserts (but devoured it so unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of that). But if you ever decide to go to New York, this would be the place I would 100% recommend you to check out. It's perfect for people with a sweet tooth, but is definitely on the pricier side (but worth it nonetheless). 




I know it was a long overdue post (this trip happened over a year ago!), but I really wanted to share this trip with you guys. Let me know in the comments if you've ever been to any of these places before, or if you recommend any new places that I haven't already mentioned, I would love to hear about it! Thanks for reading, until next time!~

Evelyn 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyCloud9 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig