March 7, 2016

Motives Mineral Gel Eyeliner: First Impressions & Review

A few weeks ago a friend of mine gifted me a Motives eyeliner to try out so I thought I would post my first impressions/ review on it. I tried it out for an entire day and made sure not to touch my eyes so you can see how well it held up on its own.



About the product:
Who: Motives Cosmetics by Loren Ridinger
When: Released in 2012 
Where: On the Motives website 
Why: Talc, paraben and fragrance free; uses mineral pigments which are less harsher on your skin
How: Requires an eyeliner brush; I used a Mac 266 brush



First Impressions/Review:

My right eye was primed with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and was also sprayed with their all-nighter setting spray. The left had only the Motive's eyeliner on my bare eye.


First Application:


Right eye
Left eye

After 10+ hours:

Right eye 
Left eye


Pros:

  • Very creamy and applies on easily
  • Works best with primer and setting spray
  • It's very build-able; build on more product for a more defined look
Cons:

  • May need touch-ups; tends to fade a bit (especially if you rub your eyes)
  • I added some on the bottom which created a bit of smudging by the end of the day


The Verdict:
Considering I haven't tried a gel eyeliner for a few years now, it's safe to say that I need much more practise in using this type of product lol. I've owned a few gel ones in the past, but this is definitely by far the best I've tried! It's just so soft because of the mineral texture and glides on so smoothly! I would advise not to apply on the lower lash line because it may cause smudging after a few hours. I would recommend this product to people who have are comfortable with using gel eyeliners as opposed to beginners because it is a bit difficult to apply with precision (but practise makes perfect I suppose haha). It is a bit on the pricier side but for the quality and quantity it's well worth it!

I hope this first impressions/review was helpful, please let me know if you've tried it out as well. If you also have any questions about this product, or want me to try out any other products feel free to let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading, until next time~
Evelyn ♡
Share:

13 comments

  1. Yes, gel eyeliners require a bit of skill to apply. I prefer them over liquid liners though because the result looks nicer!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Lol I definitely need some more practise haha ;) But I agree they do look nicer on than liquid liners!

      Evelyn ♡

      Delete
  2. Wow, I haven't used a gel liner in years too. Definitely like the look of this one though. Thanks for the great review :)

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Evelyn ♡

      Delete
  3. I need to get a new gel liner. This one looks so nice. :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it out! It's really creamy on the skin so it feels as nice as it looks! ;D

      Evelyn ♡

      Delete
  4. I just recently started to use gel liners, so I'm always looking for new brands to try! I'll definitely have to give this one a go!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Let me know how it goes if you get to try it out! :)

      Evelyn ♡

      Delete
  5. You say you need a bit of practice, but I was jealous over your wings!

    http://mcinness.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thanks! I think I still need a little more practice making them both even though lol

      Thanks for reading!~ ♡

      Delete

© BeautyCloud9 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig