August 22, 2016

Shades for the Summer | Colourpop Eyeshadows, Highlighters & Brows

Hello lovely people of the Internet, long time no blog post! Sorry I've been so MIA the past couple of months but summer school and a fresh new job has been keeping my life a bit hectic for me. Regardless I'll try my best to post as often as I can because I definitely have a lot of content/ideas that I'm currently planning for my blog. ;)



So lately I've been obsessed with Colourpop cosmetics, I swear almost half of my makeup collection consists of their products alone! 😅  A few months ago I purchased TEN neutral/shimmery eyeshadows, a brow pencil and some highlighters (not gonna lie my wallet died right after haha). Seriously need to add some colour into my makeup collection soon, but for now nudes/neutrals are all I'm going for this summer.

Eyeshadows:

These eyeshadows cost $5 USD each and were definitely well worth the money! All 10 have crazy pigmentation and are super creamy, so applying with your fingers would be best. If I had to recommend and choose an absolute favourite from the bunch, it would definitely be Weenie (created/collaborated with YouTuber KathleenLights), it's just the perfect rose gold colour that can match any skin tone! 

Top L-R: Lovely, Amaze, Lala, Weenie, DGAF
Bottom L-R: KathleenLights, Blaze, Nillionaire, Bandit, Mittens 


Highlighters:

The highlighters go for $8 USD a piece and are just as creamy as the eyeshadows. They are also just as pigmented, but I'm honestly still not too sure about the staying power. I feel like these definitely need some setting spray or powder for them to last longer throughout the day. Nonetheless the colours are gorgeous, and for the price, definitely worth it.



Brow Pencil:

The eyebrow pencil goes for $5 USD and the shade I chose is Black N' Brown. When I purchased these a while back, getting a hold of this colour was a mission and a half (apparently everyone has dark brown eyebrows haha). The quality is certainly not as comparable to Anastasia Beverly Hills, but if you're new to makeup and have fairly medium/thick brows like mine, these would be a great pick to start out with. It's super creamy so it can come off easily if rubbed, so that's one thing I would bring to attention if you decide to go with this product!




All in all I would 100% recommend these products, as I still have more products Colourpop that I have yet to blog about (*hint...it involves ummm je ne sais pas...;p)! By far the eyeshadows are my favourite, although I do hate applying with my fingers every time.

Is Colourpop worth the hype? I honestly think so....what do you guys think?

Till next time,
Evelyn ♡



Share:

13 comments

  1. These all look amazing. I don't have any Colourpop products yet because I can't be bothered paying for shipping haha but I might just have to x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope you eventually get the chance to try them out, thanks for reading! ♡

      Delete
  2. I love watching Kathleen Lights' videos! Weenie looks like a gorgeous shade.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, especially her Boxycharm unboxing videos, they're so fun to watch!
      Thanks so much for reading!~ ♡

      Delete
  3. Ah those eye shadows look so shimmery and amazing. I've been hearing about Colourpop for ages but it's hard to get in the UK without extortionate custom fees, so I guess I'll be waiting a while before I purchase any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're all the rage right now haha.
      I would suggest to purchase them when they have a sale (and use $5 off by signing up to emails) so that shipping fees don't look as bad!~ Hope you get the chance to buy them sometime! ♡

      Delete
  4. The colours look really nice! Thanks for sharing :)


    What about following each other?

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shades and swatches are so pretty!! I was watching HeyClaire last night and she mentioned colourpop in one of her Vlogs so need to get my hands on these x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching HeyClaire! I don't even remember which YouTuber got me into Colourpop because almost everyone raves about them! ♡

      Delete
  6. Right? They're so worth the hype in my opinion! ♡

    ReplyDelete

© BeautyCloud9 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig